Associates have taken a variety of paths after their service with NETWORK. Here’s a sampling of what some former Associates have done:
- Bernie, a Brother of the Divine Word, spent several years doing organizing and lobbying at NETWORK. He now applies his organizing skills to community work in Jamaica, where he helps coordinate a housing and microenterprise program.
- Rachel came to NETWORK after graduating from Marquette University with a degree in political science. After NETWORK, Rachel participated directly in the legislative process as an aide to a Congressional Representative. She’s now working for an advocacy firm in Chicago.
- Alison, a lobby Associate at NETWORK, was hired by the Sisters of the Good Shepherd for the first lobbyist position in their newly-formed advocacy office in Washington, DC.
- James, a community organizer, helped NETWORK organize college students, went on to work on several election campaigns, and is one of the founders of Catholics United.
- Jessica, a field Associate, returned to her college in Minnesota as the director of campus ministry and service learning.
- Lauren, a former lobby Associate, worked at a major "think tank" in Washington and is now working in the White House.
- Jon, a field Associate, became a community organizer in his home state of Ohio.
- Several of our Associates decided to go to graduate school after their time at NETWORK -- two of them recently got their law degrees.
- And one former associate is now a NETWORK staff member.