FOR RELEASE: November 18, 2013
CONTACT: Stephanie Niedringhaus, 202-347-9797 x224, email@example.com 
Washington DC - NETWORK, A National Catholic Social Justice Lobby, today issued the following statement regarding healthcare reform:
NETWORK’s strong support for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) has never wavered.
Like the rest of the nation, we have seen the current media barrage about the healthcare website and cancelled policies. Clearly, there have been problems, and we sympathize with those who have been affected by them. We also commend the administration for working to address them.
At the same time, we deplore that lost in the media frenzy and obsessive partisan attacks is the simple, undeniable fact that the quality of our healthcare system has already improved over what we had before the Affordable Care Act was signed into law. And it will improve even more in the coming years.
Here are just some of many reasons why, when fully enacted, the ACA benefits our entire nation:
- Extending insurance coverage to millions more Americans, including those with preexisting conditions, will save many, many lives.
- People with disabilities and serious or chronic diseases do not have to live in fear that they will reach their policies’ annual or lifetime limits.
- Women will not receive less insurance coverage simply because they are women.
- Young adults can stay on their parents’ health insurance policies until they are 26.
- Expanded Medicaid coverage will result in about 13 million people currently without insurance receiving health coverage in the coming years. This number will grow even higher as states now rejecting expansion change th