From United for a Fair Economy -
The 400 wealthiest families in the U.S. aren’t just filthy rich, they are downright dirty. Collectively, these households own $1.37 trillion dollars; a number so high that it’s nearly impossible to comprehend . Here are 11 shocking things $1.37 trillion can buy that you can’t:
- The richest 400 households can pay off every student loan  for every single student in the entire United States. No more paying for an education, so that you can get a good job so that you can… well, pay off your education.
- The richest 400 could pay your rent, and the rent of every single renter in the entire United States  for three years.
- The richest 400 could pay the mortgages of every house in the whole country  for 14 full months.
- The richest 400 households can buy every single house that was foreclosed on in 2007 and 2008 .
- The richest 400 households could pay the annual salaries of 19 million families for one year . So go ahead, take that year-long, family vacation around the world you’ve always dreamed of.
- The richest 400 can pay off all credit card debt  for every single person in the entire United States. Imagine that! No more credit card debt looming over your shoulders!
- The richest 400 households can afford to give a $10,000 bonus to every single worker in the entire country . What would a hardworking person like you do with that extra money?
- The richest 400 can afford to buy a new car for every family in the United States . Meanwhile, many of us must ignore the flashing check engine light.
- The richest 400 can pay for 3 ½ years worth of gas for every driver in the country .
- The richest 400 households can afford to