June 13, 2013: Months after Governor Jan Brewer (R) announced her support for accepting federal funding to provide health coverage to the uninsured, this legislation has now passed both the AZ House and Senate!
Previous Actions Taken:
- May 16, 2013: Team members sent emails and made phone calls to their Senators thanking them for voting for a budget that allows Arizona to accept this federal funding.
- May 2, 2013: Members of Voice of the Poor from Tucson traveled to Phoenix for an assembly with over 800 people where Governor Brewer, Senate Majority leader John McComish, and a few other legislators, all Republicans, committed to support Medicaid.
- February 5, 2013: Members of Voice of the Poor and other Arizona interfaith groups lobbied their legislators at the capitol, while NETWORK members called and emailed their legislators in support of the groups making the visits.
- January 22, 2013: Voice of the Poor members teamed up with interfaith groups and spent the whole day at the capitol, meeting with 15 different legislators!
- One page fact-sheet on enrollment, eligibility, and cost: http://www.cbpp.org/files/healthtoolkit2012/Arizona.pdf 
- Medicaid Expansion Math Makes Sense: http://www.azcentral.com/opinions/articles/20130227editorial-math-makes-sense.html