April 17, 2013: A plan to use additional Medicaid dollars to purchase coverage for the uninsured passed both the House and the Senate. Governor Mike Beebe (D) has also been a strong supporter of using these federal dollars to provide health coverage. Pending final approval from HHS, this private option will extend health coverage to all those under 138% of the federal poverty line.
Past Actions Taken:
- March 2013: Our partners at the Arkansas Interfaith Alliance organized a sign-on letter of faith leaders that was sent to members of the AR legislature. See PDF of letter below.
- March 7, 2013: A large coalition of groups held a rally on the steps of the Capitol building. Read about it here! 
- One page fact-sheet on enrollment, eligibility, and cost: http://www.cbpp.org/files/healthtoolkit2012/Arkansas.pdf 
- Letter of support from Bishop Anthony Taylor (Little Rock): http://www.arkansas-catholic.org/news/article/3314/Medicaid-expansion-the-right-moral-financial-decision- 
- Medicaid Expansion Video and County-Level Data: http://www.aradvocates.org/strengthening-medicaid-is-a-good-deal-for-arkansas/