January 7, 2013: Governor C.L. Otter (R) has rejected federal funding to provide health coverage to the uninsured. Gov. Otter had appointed a commission to study the issue, which unanimously supported accepting this federal money, and supportive bills have been introduced in the legislature.
Ways to Get Involved:
- To help lobby Gov. Otto and Idaho legislators, please email Sr. Mary Ellen at email@example.com .
- One page fact-sheet on enrollment, eligibility, and cost: http://www.cbpp.org/files/healthtoolkit2012/Idaho.pdf 
- Panel says Medicad Expansion Beneficial: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/nov/09/idaho-panel-unanimously-favors-medicaid-expansion/ 
- Idahoan Family Doctors Write Resolution in Support 
- Healthcare Groups Plead for Medicaid Expansion