As of January 31, 2013: Governor Sam Brownback (R) has yet to make a decision on accepting federal funding to provide health coverage for the uninsured. With large Republican majorities in the legislature, there is much work to do!
Ways to Get Involved:
- Letter Writing Events: Join others in writing letters to Gov. Brownback, your legislators, and local papers. Wednesday May 1st 12-2pm at Antioch Library 8700 Shawnee Mission Parkway in Shawnee and from 5-7pm at Price Chopper Meeting Room, 19601 West 101st St in Lenexa.
- To help lobby Gov. Brownback and Kansas legislators, please email Sr. Mary Ellen at firstname.lastname@example.org 
- Since Gov. Brownback is a Catholic, we would love organize a “sign-on” letter to him from Catholic sisters ministering to the people in Kansas. If this sounds like something you or your congregation would be interested in, please contact Sr. Mary Ellen Lacy at email@example.com 
- One page fact-sheet on enrollment, eligibility, and cost: http://www.cbpp.org/files/healthtoolkit2012/Kansas.pdf 
- Issue Brief for Policymakers: http://www.khi.org/news/2012/dec/04/issue-brief-aca-medicaid-expansion-enrollment/ 
- Infographic: Why Medicaid Expansion Means a Healtheir Kansas: http://kac.org/wp-content/themes/KAC/images/PDFs/Medicaid-infographic.pdf