July 2, 2012: Following the Supreme Court decision, Governor Terry Branstad (R) rejected the federal funding to provide health coverage for the uninsured. There are several members of Iowa’s split legislature that plan to push for acceptance of this federal funding.
Ways to Get Involved:
- Send a message  to Governor Branstad and all state legislators that you support accepting the money for health coverage through the Iowa Hospital Association. It only takes a minute!
- Let your state senator and represenative know  that you support accepting the money for health coverage through the Iowa Catholic Conference. It's really easy!
- Sign this petition  urging Gov. Branstad to expand Medicaid.
- A team is forming right now in Iowa! We currently have team members in Clinton, Davenport, and Des Moines. To be a part of this team, email Sr. Mary Ellen at firstname.lastname@example.org 
- Since Gov. Branstad is a Catholic, we would love to organize a “sign-on” letter to him from Catholic sisters ministering to the people in Iowa. If this sounds like something you or your congregation would be interested in, please contact Sr. Mary Ellen Lacy at email@example.com 
- April 30, 2013: A "Nun on the Bus" wrote a letter to the editor  in support of accepting the funding for Medicaid
- March 14, 2013: NETWORK members attended a public forum with other advocates and Sen. Jack Hatch at Tally's Restaurant in Des Moines.
- One page fact-sheet on eligibility, enrollment, and cost: http://www.cbpp.org/files/healthtoolkit2012/Iowa.pdf 
- Great video  from the Iowa Hospital Association
- Issue brief from Iowa Hospital Assocaition 
- Just the facts: http://www.dhs.state.ia.us/uploads/Medicaid%20Expansion%20feb%202013.pdf