November 29, 2012: Governor Jay Nixon (D) supports accepting federal funding to provide health coverage for the uninsured. With strong Republican majorities in both the House and Senate, there is still much work to do!
Ways to Get Involved:
- Email your senator! https://secure3.convio.net/mhcfa/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&page=UserAction&id=193 
- We currently have team members in Kansas City,St. Louis, Jefferson City, Columbia, and Springfield. To be a part of this team, contact NETWORK at email@example.com 
Previous Actions Taken
- April 16, 2013: Thousands of advocates, including many NETWORK members and MO Nuns on the Bus packed the capitol for a rally in favor of extending health coverage to the uninsured. See here  for photos and here  to read about it!
- March 20, 2013: Informational event to learn what Medicaid Expansion means for Missouri communities was held at William Jewell College
- March 12, 2013: Advocates involved with the MO Faith and Families Summit traveled to Jefferson City to lobby for Medicaid Expansion.
- January 16, 2013: NETWORK members took part in “kick-off” events in both St. Louis and Kansas City. Together with the “kick-off” in Springfield, MO, several hundred MO citizens rallied to show their support of accepting this federal funding.
- October 2012: Members of Nuns on the Bus-Missouri met with Gov. Nixon’s budget director to encourage Gov. Nixon to accept this federal funding—which he did!
- One page fact-sheet on enrollment, eligibility, and cost: http://www.cbpp.org/files/healthtoolkit2012/Missouri.pdf 
- Economic Impact of Medicaid Expansion 
- Expansion Critical for MO Communities: http://familiesusa2.org/assets/pdfs/MO-Expansion-Critical.pdf