June 13, 2013: Governor Rick Snyder (R) has decided to accept federal funding to provide health coverage for the uninsured. This legislation has also passed in the House, but still faces strong opposition in the Senate.
Ways to Get Involved:
- To help lobby Michigan legislators, please email Sr. Mary Ellen at firstname.lastname@example.org 
- One page fact-sheet on eligibility, enrollment, and cost: http://www.cbpp.org/files/healthtoolkit2012/Michigan.pdf 
- Great video  from the MI Hosptial Assocation on why this is so important for all of Michagan!
- Economic Benefits: http://familiesusa2.org/assets/pdfs/medicaid-expansion/Michigan.pdf 
- Accepting this federal money could save Michigan $1 billion over the next ten years: http://www.chrt.org/assets/price-of-care/CHRT-Issue-Brief-October-2012.pdf 
- Survey shows that Michigan physicians would accept newly eligible patients: http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/01/28/survey-shows-states-docs-have-capacity-for-medicaid-expansion/