November 13, 2012: Governor Robert Bentley (R) has rejected federal funding to provide health coverage for the uninsured. With Republican majorities in both the House and Senate, there is much work to do!
Ways to Get Involved:
- To help lobby Gov. Bentley and Alabama legislators, please email Sr. Mary Ellen at firstname.lastname@example.org 
- One page fact-sheet on eligibility, enrollment, and cost: http://www.cbpp.org/files/healthtoolkit2012/Alabama.pdf 
- Poll finds strong public support in AL: http://www.jointcenter.org/research/the-deep-south-and-medicaid-expansion 
- Hospitals Need Medicaid Expansion: http://www.decaturdaily.com/stories/Hospitals-need-Medicaid-expansion,113541 
- Alabama Dems Urge Gov. to Accept $14 billion to decrease state's uninsured by 60%: http://blog.al.com/wire/2013/02/alabama_democrats_compare_medi.html 
- This federal funding would mean major savings for Alabama: http://www.uab.edu/news/latest/item/2970-medicaid-expansion-could-mean-1-billion-gain-for-alabama