February 4, 2013: Governor John Kasich (R) supports accepting federal funding to provide health coverage for the uninsured. With Republican majorities in both the House and the Senate, there is still much work to do!
Ways to Get Involved:
- April 11, 2013: Join Ohioans from across the state for a rally at the Statehouse from 12pm-1pm (1 Capitol Square, Columbus, Ohio 43215)
- Tell your legislators you support accepting this federal funding to provide health coverage to Ohio's uninsured. Call your legislator at this toll free number: 888-844-5009.
- A team is already working in Ohio, with members in Cincinnati and Columbus. To get involved, email Sr. Mary Ellen at firstname.lastname@example.org 
Previous Actions Taken
- March 15, 2013: Community meeting held by the Central Ohio Medicaid Coalition at Our Lady of Perpetual Help
- March 7, 2013: Community meeting held by the Central Ohio Medicaid Coalition at Westerville Community United Church of Christ
- February 15, 2013: NETWORK members and other representatives of the faith community met with the Ohio Medicaid Director to strategize how to maintain Medicaid expansion in Ohio's new budget.
- January 28, 2013: A NETWORK member submitted a Letter to the Editor to the Columbus Dispatch in support of accepting this federal money
- January 10, 2013: Nuns on the Bus—Ohio signed onto a letter as part of the Southwest Ohio Medicaid Coalition to Gov. Kasich encouraging him to accept this federal money—which he did!
- January 2013: Throughout January, members of this coalition were lobbying various legislators on this issue
- December 2012: Advocates met with a state representative to discuss accepting this federal money
- One page fact-sheet on eligibility, enrollment, and cost: http://www.cbpp.org/files/healthtoolkit2012/Ohio.pdf 
- Accepting this federal money could bring billions in savings and tens of thousands of jobs: http://www.policymattersohio.org/medicaid-sept2012 
- Presentation on impact of accepting this federal money