August 28, 2012: Governor Nathan Deal (R) has rejected federal funding to provide health coverage for the uninsured. With Republican majorities in the legislature, there is much work to do!
Ways to Get Involved:
- One of NETWORK’s partners on this project, Voice of the Poor, is currently helping us organize a team in Georgia. To help with this important effort, please contact Sr. Mary Ellen at firstname.lastname@example.org 
- One page fact-sheet on eligibility, enrollment, and cost: http://www.cbpp.org/files/healthtoolkit2012/Georgia.pdf 
- Poll shows strong public support: http://www.jointcenter.org/research/the-deep-south-and-medicaid-expansion 
- Accepting this federal money could have a $72 billion positive impact on Georgia’s economy: http://gbpi.org/if-not-medicaid-expansion-what-is-the-plan?utm_source=Governor+Deal+Medicaid+Blog&utm_campaign=AJC+op-ed+Everyone+has+skin+in+the+game+10%2F3%2F2012&utm_medium=email 
- Impact on Georgia’s Patients and Providers: http://www.georgiahealthnews.com/2012/12/medicaid-expansion/