September 16, 2013: Governor Tom Corbett (R) has introduced an alternate Pennsylvania plan for Medicaid Expansion . This plan will need to be approved by federal health officials and the state legislature.
Ways to Get Involved:
- Sign this petition  to Governor Corbett and PA legislators!
- To help lobby Gov. Corbett and Pennsylvania legislators, please email the NETWORK Field Department at email@example.com .
- May 6, 2013: A team of Catholic sisters and other Medicaid advocates met with members of Governor Corbett's staff to urge him to accept $17 billion in federal funding to provide health coverage for up to 700,000 uninsured in Pennsylvania. They reported that the staff expressed that Governor Corbett is concerned with those who are uninsured and that the "door is still wide open" on finding a way forward with Medicaid.
- March 26, 2013: NETWORK team members participated in a statewide day of action by calling their legislators and letting them know they support Medicaid expansion!
- March 20, 2013: A NETWORK member delivered a letter with the signatures of 1350 Catholic Sisters, Brothers, and Priests to Governor Corbett's office, calling on him to accept the funding for increased health coverage. Read more about this letter here .
- March 7, 2013: NETWORK advocates atttended a public hearing with State Representatives Ryan Bizzarro and Flo Fabrizio.
- One page fact-sheet on eligibility, enrollment, and cost: http://www.cbpp.org/files/healthtoolkit2012/Pennsylvania.pdf 
- Economic Benefits: http://familiesusa2.org/assets/pdfs/medicaid-expansion/Pennsylvania.pdf 
- Accepting this federal money will generate up to $80 million per year in new revenue: http://familiesusa2.org/assets/pdfs/PA-Expansion-Savings.pdf