February 23, 2013: The VA legislature passed a budget that paves the way for Medicaid expansion, no earlier than July 1, 2014. This budget has yet to be signed by Gov. Bob McDonnell (R). The budget language calls for a special commission to judge whether certain reforms have been met, before proceeding with expansion. To be clear, Medicaid expansion is not a "done deal" yet in VA. Read here  to learn more.
March 2014: In spite of having a new Governor who strongly supports Medicaid expansion, the VA General Assembly has failed to pass a budget or expand Medicaid. Read here to learn more.
Ways to Get Involved:
- One of NETWORK’s partners on this project, Virginia Interfaith Center for Public Policy, has been organizing around this issue. To join in this important effort, please email us at email@example.com 
Past Actions Taken
- December 18, 2012: NETWORK partnered with the Virginia Interfaith Center for Public Policy, Virginia Organizing, and the Virginia Poverty Law Center to host community events in Fredericksburg and Richmond regarding the impact of accepting this federal money.
- March 2014: NETWORK partnered with the Virginia Interfaith Center for Public Policy to distribute information to NETWORK members about opportunities to rally, sign petitions, and write letters to the editor on expanding Medicaid.
- One page fact-sheet on eligibility, enrollment, and cost: http://www.cbpp.org/files/healthtoolkit2012/Virginia.pdf 
- How this federal funding will save Virginia money and lives: http://www.thecommonwealthinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/120808_saving_money_saving_lives.pdf