July 1, 2012: Governor Nikki Haley (R) has rejected federal funding to provide health coverage for the uninsured. With Republican majorities in the legislature, there is much work to do!
Ways to Get Involved:
- To help lobby Gov. Haley and South Carolina legislators, please email Sr. Mary Ellen at firstname.lastname@example.org 
- One page fact-sheet on eligibility, enrollment, and cost: http://www.cbpp.org/files/healthtoolkit2012/SouthCarolina.pdf 
- Poll shows strong public support: http://www.jointcenter.org/research/the-deep-south-and-medicaid-expansion 
- Hospitals are calling for SC to accept this funding: http://www.thestate.com/2013/01/30/2610520/hospitals-could-pay-to-expand.html#.UQmkEb9pco4 
- This federal money could create 44,000 jobs in South Carolina: http://www.scha.org/news/medicaid-expansion-creates-jobs 
- Great video detailing the benefits of accepting these federal dollars: http://www.scha.org/news/support-medicaid-expansion-in-south-carolina