February 20, 2013: Governor Rick Scott (R) has accepted federal funding to provide health coverage for the uninsured. With Republican majorities in the legislature, there is much work to do!
Ways to Get Involved:
- To help lobby Florida legislators, please email Sr. Mary Ellen at firstname.lastname@example.org 
- One page fact-sheet on eligibility, enrollment, and cost: http://www.cbpp.org/files/healthtoolkit2012/Florida.pdf 
- Accepting this money would create tens of thousands of jobs: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/29/3206264/study-medicaid-expansion-may-save.html 
- Economic Benefits: http://familiesusa2.org/assets/pdfs/medicaid-expansion/Florida.pdf 
- Issue brief from Florida Center for Fiscal and Economic Policy